Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Moon



I have a friend who is a photographer.  Actually I live in LA so I have many friends who are photographers.  I asked one of them to take a picture of the moon and she said she would.  She took it on her blackberry and text it to me.  Thats lame I told her.  She said she would take one with her "new" camera making me feel slightly special and then she didn't.  I kept thinking why would a photoragpher who is my friend take a picture of the moon, the moon I asked her to take a picture of for my br wall on her blackberry?! That's not a photographer...that's everyone with a blackberry.

Then on a trip to the beach with a friend, who is not a photographer, I was educated that there was to be a super moon that night.  He said it was the first one in 18 years and I thought thats a long time.  Then I thought astronomers say shit like that every year.  Last year they said "dont miss the meteorite shower, it wont happen again for another 100 years", and then the next year we had another meteorite shower!  And I bet next year they will say "1st super moon in 19 years.  Don't miss out!".  But I decided here is a my chance to get a pictue of the moon for my br; I like to use br because people never know if I am talking about the bathroom or the bedroom and to top it off a picture o f the moon would like nice in either of my rooms here.

So when my beach meditation friend, who is also my gay boyfriend, asked me to a "gay Christian Bible study" (GCBS) that night, naturally I said yes.  Because really what could be more fun and enlightening then a bunch of gay Christians reading the Bible and singing "This Is They Day" under a super moon!  I mean this really is the day!

Since the decision was made to attend the GCBS and were at the Beach after the Japan Tsunami, and an earthquake predictor was predicting an earthquake in California it made sense that we started a conversation about the end of the world.  Of course I am certain our talk was dominantly driven by the fact that we are both Christians and not because of the recent natural blows our earth had taken.  Then we became tired of talking about the end of the world and both secretly hoped the moon would be super enough for an amazing photo shoot that would later be hung in my br.

We were quiet on the way to GCBS and the super moons photo shoot.  I'm pretty sure we were both still thinking about the moon....or maybe he was wondering what would happen to him when the end of the world comes?  I'm sure it must be strange to be gay and a Christian.  Some would say its an oxymoron, impossible even.  Me on the other hand, I couldn't think of a better reason to send someone to heaven other than being gay.  Most straight people I know are Jerks.  While I was in my head thinking too much, my gay boyfriend did manage to comment on a billboard of ruby red geisha lips. It is something I would have never noticed without him.

After parking and before we entered the GCBS, we stepped out of my Toyota Corolla that is missing all but one hubcap and we began to scout out a place for the super moon shoot.  My gay boyfriend found one right away and right away I began to shoot my heart out!  My gay boyfriend just howled at the moon, then some dogs barked and he stopped.  I walked away with four good photos, but none of them perfect enough for my br.  The moon instead is set as the background on my notebook.

The GCBS was a success too and I occasionally check the facebook page of my photographer friend who took a picture of the moon on her blackberry

1 comment:

  1. Well your gay friend seems quite down to earth and easy going. Another option is you could just buy some stock image or poster for your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete