Monday, April 4, 2011

Green Man

 
Tuesday I rode the bus.  Interesting people ride the bus.  A man appearing not quite homeless, but almost and speaking in a way that almost made sense, but not quite sat next to me. 
 
He wore what a homeless man might.  He wore a faded green jacket with matching pants.  This makes me think why is it all homeless people wear the same camouflaged looking outfit?  It’s like who had an entire wardrobe of faded green camouflage and why did they give it to Goodwill?
 
Eyebrows.  Eyebrows were the next thing I noticed.  They were massive.  Not unibrow massive, but thick hairy massive with one gray loan ranger that shot four inches up, up and away from the rest of his brow!
 
Details to the “green mans” physical appearance quickly changed when trying to avoid eye contact he asked to sit next to me. Of course I wanted to say no for fear of bad odor, but I didn’t.  Surprisingly there was no odor.  The fact is he smelled clean and I was relieved.    However, upon impact the “green man” made it clear, not homeless, but no doubt crazy.
 
Alluring me with his upbeat disturbed view on Bush and Iraq I found the moment humbling.  Ironically the next moment was fear as the “green man” yelped “what does it matter we are going to hell….we are all going to hell to hell!!!.”
 
Five seconds passed and the subject instantaneously changed without thought toward a fellow bus rider.  She was a young woman roughly 30 years of age, Caucasian, wearing business attire, who had the distinct “I haven’t made it yet, but I will look”. Plus she was carrying a Trader Joes bag.  An impressive look to say the least. 
 
It was here five seconds later that the “green man” spoke these words “where did you get that bag?  Trader Joe’s that’s a nice bag”. 
 
Ten seconds passed and the “almost made it girl” had this to say:  “I didn’t actually go to Trader Joe’s”.  This response in my opinion is probably why she is in her 30’s and still has the “almost made it look”.
 
The “green man” responded with “The Trader Joe’s on 9th Street ?”  Then laughter like that of a young man conceited with looks he doesn’t have embodied the bus and the “green man” spoke one last time stating “I’m such a lady killer Cecil”.  I then rang the bus bell for my stop thinking who is “Cecil?". 

3 comments:

  1. Weird bus ride with this guy. I ride the bus quite frequently and in certain cases it can be frightening and awkward. I try to avoid these situations lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Avoidance is something I use frequently as well :). On the other hand I wouldn't have awkwardly charming stories if I didn't on some occasions just go for it :). Thank you for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I love taking public transportation for these reasons. If you pay attention, there is always something interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete